Yesterday, Sony wanted to give their fans the ultimate “random tuesday” (A term used for Sony dropping news out of nowhere on a tuesday) in which they announced details for every launch exclusive game. For me, that has pre-ordered all 5 games already, this was the perfect amount of information needed for every title.
I’ll go over the details and news related to every game below
While we got the least amount of information for Bluepoint Games’ next game, Demon’s Souls, we still got some important details. It’s now available for pre-order with the standard edition – and the new Digital Deluxe Edition. The edition will cost $89.99 / £99.99, and will include the following:
- Original Soundtrack
- Legendary Hero Soul
- Renowned Warrior Soul
- Storied Warrior Soul
- Red-Eye Knight Armor
- Boletarian Royalty Armor
- Ritual Blade
- Hoplite Shield
- Ring of Longevity
- Preservation Grains
- Phosphorescent Grains
- Bearbug Grains
- Large Hardstone Shard
- Moonlightstone Shard
We also got some new screenshots to go along with the news.
We finally got more details on Destruction All-Stars from the talented team at Lucid Games (And Wushu supporting them), while it wasn’t a full trailer we got some details surrounding the game and some new pictures.
The game features 16 playable characters, and you can play single player, solo online, or with friends online. We also got details on four character abilities, and it seems like all 16 will have their own abilities at launch – something we won’t hear about until later.
The Playstation Blog has a great list of what to expect in Destruction All-Stars, containing the following information:
- Global Custom built Arenas for Multiplayer and Singleplayer
- Destructive Gameplay Action in and out of vehicles
- A large, diverse roster of Heroic Characters
- Cinematic rivalries exploring our AllStar’s motivations
- Enough cosmetics for you to stand out amongst the crowd
We also got three new screenshots, one of which details every character.
Aside from that we also got the news that this game will also have a Digital Deluxe Edition, which contains the following:
- 1 Legendary Character Skin and Vehicle Skin – Embrace the darkness and become The Crow.
- 1 Dance Emote for Lupita – Lupita shows the AllStars how it’s done in Rio!
- 4 Banners and 5 Avatars – Add some variety to your player profile, right from the start!
- 10,000 AllStar Currency – Kickstart your AllStar customization! AllStar Currency can be earned through online play. This boost should give you a head start on customizing your racing stripes whilst you earn the rest!
Interestingly enough, it seems like there are microtransactions/premium currency in “AllStar Currency” which might make people angry since it’s a $70 game. We’ll most likely hear more about this on a later date.
Finally, Lucid Games revealed that they’re releasing another trailer soon.
While we didn’t get a lot of details surrounding Godfall, we did get a new sneak peek at the story through the Cinematic Intro of the game.
The story revolves around two warriors that are close friends until one of them turns on the other, starting a war.
While the story does seem bland – the game will hopefully have great visuals mixed with fun combat and that’s all I need. The game has certainly shifted perspective after its two latest trailer/showcases, and hopefully, they stick the landing.
We got a short, digital presentation from Sumo Digital for Sackboy: A Big Adventure. Showing the game, giving teases on what to expect. For example, you can play the game solo or together with three friends either online or on your couch.
The biggest difference from the LittleBigPlanet series is the fact that there won’t be a creative part in this game, which honestly might work well for the game. If you didn’t know, Sumo Digital kind of botched the launch of LittleBigPlanet 3, and hopefully since this game has a tighter focus we’ll be able to have a more well-balanced game.
Aside from that, there will also be a digital deluxe edition for this game too, containing the following
- A digital artbook showcasing the beautiful, crafted worlds of Sackboy and the weird and wonderful creatures that inhabit them.
- A digital soundtrack featuring an eclectic selection of tracks from the game.
- 4 x Sackboy costumes of PlayStation icons which you can use to customize your Sackboy:
- Jin from Ghost of Tsushima
- Sam Porter Bridges form Death Stranding
- Connor from Detroit Become Human
- Deacon St. John from Days Gone
- 4 x Sackboy emotes based on each PlayStation icon mentioned above to show off to your friends.
- 20 x Sackboy avatars wearing different costumes from the game.
There will also be a Special physical edition, which contains all of the above and a plush Tiger-Sackboy.
According to Sumo Digital, the world is big and will feature a wide variety of stages and objectives. Thanks to the PS5, they could achieve graphics never before possible (Which is ironic since the game is also on PS4, we’ll see the differences at launch I guess)
The game will launch at the $60 Price Point and I can’t wait for this one. I’m actually very excited about this since I’m a big fan of Sackboy and the entire LittleBigPlanet world. While a lot of people weren’t fond of LittleBigPlanet 3, I adored it and feel happy that Sumo got another chance with the IP.
While we didn’t get basically any new information, we got to know a little bit more. Pre-orders are now live digitally and will contain the T.R.A.C.K suit and another, unrevealed suit. You’ll also get 3 skill points and a gravity well gadget – however Insomniac also confirmed on Twitter that if you don’t pre-order, you’ll be able to earn all of this in the game naturally.
We also got an official confirmation that people playing the game on PS4, and later upgrades to the PS5 version will be able to transfer their save-file over. Something that people have been angry about regarding the original Spider-Man and its remaster.
It’s nice to see the free upgrade + save transfer for Miles Morales at least.
I’m excited about all five of these games, and I’ve actually already pre-ordered all of them. I can’t wait to see more from them, play them and interact with you, the readers, about the games.
The PS5 seems to have a super-strong and varied launch lineup which I’m excited about. For now, we’ll have to wait for more information regarding the trailer for Destruction All Stars.